Plz help me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azurion

Beta member
Hi! I play l2 in a private server. I have dv 6700 hp pavilion laptop 2gb ram, g-force 8400GS 512mb. The laptop had on board windows vista but cause of that i decided to downgrade to windows xp sp3.The problem i had on vista was that it needed about 30 seconds to change a single window, but the game was running on standard fps.Now i am on xp i have this problem:

When I on the game i have about 70 fps standard, then for unknown reason the fps drops to around 5 when i can' t do anything in the game.I can understand why cause i have decreased my accelaration for my audio card just to get better results on my gameplay.I have full updated drivers i have directx10 video accelarator and throu nvidia control panel i changed the settings on my lineage2.exe to increase my fps while decreasing the quality...

PLZ HELP ME TO CHANGE MY PROBLEM I CANT PLAY PVP LIKE THIS :(

PS: Sorry for mistakes but i come from greece and my english are not that good

only thing I can think of is maybe due to HDD loading

how long ago was the vista to xp transition? maybe a defrag is in order?

By any chance to you have "FRAPS" installed on your PC?

I had that same problem a while ago. All of a sudden my performance would drop sooo low and it would be so choppy. This happened for a few days and I was stumped as to what it was.

Later I found nearly 40+ videos in a MY Documents folder - hmmm... What are these? Oh would you look at that! It's a bunch of BF2 videos. WTF? I then realized that I had FRAPS running at start-up and my hot key for fraps video capture was X. So every once in awhile I'd press X off of S and start video capture.

It solved my problem and I had over an hour of BF2 gameplay to watch.

i have fraps installed but i dont have it running...when i want to record something then i open... this isn't the problem for sure.

The next time it does it, pop up Task Manager and see what's running and using your resources. That would be a good place to start since so many things could be variables in this situation.

i dont have any other applications that affect neither the gpu nor the ram ,cpu. Basically its just l2.exe(hellbound client). For sure its not the internet connection cause as i said before i didnt have this problem when running on vista

Do you have any other game to test? I mean you can't just "say" it's L2 and leave it at that. You have to test other games as well.

Also, what type of audio card do you have? Is it onboard or a stand alone card? If it's onboard, than the CPU would be used. Although dropping your acceleration on audio would really only give you a few FPS. It would help that much. If it's a newer stand alone card than it shouldn't be relying on the CPU that much at all.

Let me get this straight.

You are playing L2 on your current system with the XP SP3 OS and the frames are 70. Than out of the blue they drop to 5 FPS for no apparent reason?

I mean regardless of you OS downgrade, did you think about "Over Heating"? I've read several reviews / comments on that laptop with those exact specs and many seem to say it gets, "hot, hot, hot" one person said, "Lap burns".

EDIT:

Actually, i've found so many people on the HP forums that report over heating issues with that book. Might be time to open it up and clean it out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom