Ram upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hampton

Yee Ol' Salt
I am going out this morning and picking up a 4GB 2 pack of OCZ gold ddr2-1066.

will I even notice a difference from my now 2 GB of OCZ gold 800 and the move to 4 or maybe even 6 GB (2 -ocz 800 + 4 ocz 1066). ??.. I know the ram will only run at 1066 if I am using a Phenom, which I don't have yet, but bulding things up on area at a time..

50 bucks for 4 GB of OCZ Gold 1066 I can't pass that up.

Depends on what your using it for.
Gaming, yeah it might add a few extra fps, rendering and design apps will make use of it too.

The good thing is is because theyre rated at 1066 you can run them at 800mhz at better timings which in turn will speed everything up.

So should I run all 6 GB? the cool part is I'm using my reabte from my 9800GT:p

Moving to 4Gb of ram will be noticeable. For that cheap might as well get the 1066, which will leave you more room for overclocking compared to 800 ram. I'd say get 4Gb for now, unless you do a lot of 3D video editing and stuff like that, then 6Gb won't be necessary.

So I will notice a small difference, will it only show with frps? or moving files too? read/write..

You'll notice a difference just in general, not necessarily in gaming for FPS. But things will load quicker, computer might boot up faster, and games will probably run more smoothly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom