Need some help on this build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apoc666

Beta member
Alright, i have a AMD Athlon 64 X2 6400+ Windsor 3.2GHz 2 x 1MB L2 Cache Socket AM2 125W Dual-Core Processor. I am trying to get a build that could maximize this processer and still use my 9800GTX+ 1GB with Zalman fan and heatsink Overclocked. Im looking at getting a ASUS M3A78-T AM2+/AM2 AMD 790GX HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard.... and mushkin XP ASCENT w/ eVCI technology 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory(running xp but im gonna try a workaround for the 4GB). To cool my processer i was going to get a coolermaster V10. I might throw in some random more fans too. My case is slightly smaller then the Armor series (only by a tiny tiny bit) but has dual 240mm fans that work very well. my power supply is Logisys Power Supply PS550A-BK 550W Black PSU Low Noise Ripple Dual Fan SATA 20+4 Pin Connectors Logisys Computer Power Supplies-Best Computer Online Store Houston Buy Discount Prices Texas-Directron.com.

Im trying to get my cpu up as far up as it will go and still be stable, Im not dead set on anything but the processer and case(i already have them) My price range is about 500, but i can go a higher, if theres something a lot better, but brings it up to $600 then post it. What i mainly need help on is a motherboard that can handle takeing my 3.2 GHZ 125watt processer up as close to 4 as it will go, and if my power supply can handle that with all the other stuff.. I could use some suggestions on what to do. I know i probably wont get it to 4, but i want it really high. Im also probably not gonna SLI, but if it is SLI ready it will give me some room to expand.

Thanks for your help ahead of time!

I looked up that cooler, seems it got some pretty bad reviews.

Personally I don't trust professional reviews, nor do I trust comment reviews like you get on NewEgg.
And personally I have heard many good things about that cooler.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom