8GB with 64-bit Ultimate Vista vs...

Status
Not open for further replies.

General Saam

Solid State Member
Hey, I'm doing a new gaming build soon and I was wondering which one you think be more profitable for Crysis and other demanding games...

I was either going to get 8GB of Corsair XMS2 with Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit or....

4GB? Or however much(please tell me, lol) Corsair XMS2 that Win XP Pro(32-bit) will support...thanks a lot for the help! Also...if you guys know of a good Mobo that supports AM2+ AND SLI. I really need one.

No one really needs 8Gb of ram. Go for 4Gb and Vista Home Premium 64bit. Vista Ultimate has no performance advantage over Home.

indeed, you never NEED 8 gigs. and if you are going to have 4 gigs or more of RAM you want to get a 64 bit so you are using all of it plus the memory in your graphics card and w.e other places you might have memory.

You should notice games loading a heck of alot faster w/ 4gb too. DDR2 is so cheap nowadays that I could merit getting more than 4gb but, I would actually put it to good use

indeed, you never NEED 8 gigs. and if you are going to have 4 gigs or more of RAM you want to get a 64 bit so you are using all of it plus the memory in your graphics card and w.e other places you might have memory.

Hey all my 8gb gets used when I'm in Vista 64bit with VMware running running Windows 7 beta, Vista 32bit, Xp, and Ubuntu at one time ;)

But your be fine with just getting 4gb and if for some reason you need more later get it then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom