Start up problems please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigdaddy44

Baseband Member
My computer has a mind of its own. I guess depending on how it feels that day it will respond accordingly. Sometimes when i turn it on, nothing happens. The monitor just stays blank and says no signal. Other times after i give it a break between attempts it will just start right up. When i turn it on and nothing happens, the tower is still running and everything sounds the same. So i dont know what i should do, and was just wondering if anyone would have any suggestions on how to fix this. Also, i cannot format my pc because i lost my recovery disk.

Intel dual core 3.0
Elitegroup 945G-m3 MOBO
120 gb hd
2gb ram
8500gt
windows media center 2005
400 watt psu

could it be a psu problem?

Any suggestions?

Try a spare PSU first. Could also try to remove RAM modules and put them in different slots (assuming you have more than 1 stick).

I dont have a spare psu on hand =( and only want to buy one if i need to. I just put new ram in it today. And its still not turning on.

Try borrowing one from a friend, or go buy one and see if it works. If it doesn't work, just return it and say you didn't use it or something, and we can continue to troubleshoot.

Well alright, if that's the only way. But ill have to wait until tomorrow. Because the closest store to me is closed. So i'll let you know tomorrow.

When you attempt to turn it on and it fails and doesn't show anything on the display, do any fans/lights come on?

When i turn on the computer everything turns on. Fans and everything you can hear the hard drive start up. But what i noticed on the front of my computer there are 2 led lights, one that is steady to show that the power is on, and the one above it blinks when the cpu is processing something and i noticed that it doesnt blink. I dont know what that can be an indicator of. And still nothing on the screen.

The 2nd indicator would be the hard drive being accessed. Does your hard drive show up in the BIOS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom