1st Game PC Build-- Budget System = Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay sweet. Thanks.

And the Case?

Do you think it will provide sufficient cooling and ventilation? Or would it be best to get another case with more fans?

Thanks a lot all for your help!

If I get that case... (it's my 2nd choice) I am getting another fan for the front.
Newegg.com - APEVIA CF12SL-UBL 120mm Blue LED Case Fan - Case Fans
the fans have 2 power connectors... 1 input and 1 output, so you can chain them together (kinda like Christmas lights)

and my 1st choice case is this one...
Newegg.com - Thermaltake M9 VI1000BWS Black SECC Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases
but its out of stock right now... so i found the one i showed you, which there is nothing wrong with that case (for the price) front usb and audio are outside of the door... so you can keep it closed while you are playing (which annoys some people when they have the usb and audio on the inside, and they have to keep the door open during gameplay)

so good luck, and sorry i didnt reply earlier... GT is the man tho...! he knows wuts up.

p.s. - i was looking at going quad core, and chose the 8500 to save a few bucks... and actually it was GT or Nukem who made the point for me about not going with quad cores... but there is nothing wrong with getting one if you got the cash to spend.... ya know?
good luck with the build!

Ya I got a lot of great advice from GT.

When you say you would put the extra fan in "the front", where would that be? Would there be enough room? And what would you screw it to for stabilization?

Hah, I'm such a newb at this, I have no clue!

And ya, I'm still pondering between the Quad and the Duo...I have the money, but I would rather spend it on he monitor...but if the Quad is more future proof...it would be a better investment? Lol it's my one obstacle.

But thanks!

Ya I got a lot of great advice from GT.

When you say you would put the extra fan in "the front", where would that be? Would there be enough room? And what would you screw it to for stabilization?

Hah, I'm such a newb at this, I have no clue!

And ya, I'm still pondering between the Quad and the Duo...I have the money, but I would rather spend it on he monitor...but if the Quad is more future proof...it would be a better investment? Lol it's my one obstacle.

But thanks!

Well the easiest way to answer the question about where to put the fan... if you go to the link for that case and click on the pictures... it will open a new window with enlarged pictures of the case... and if you look at a side view pic, where you can see the inside of the case (with the door/panel taken off) you can see in front of where you put your hard drive... there is a slender area where you can fit an extra fan to act as an intake. And yes there are screw holes.

I understand exactly what you are saying about the cpu... i was in that same delima... actually you can go check it out... this is a thread i started myself to ask almost the same question. http://www.techist.com/forums/f76/my-first-gaming-rig-under-800-a-200802/

Its no problem... i check in here from time to time when i'm online to give advice, and check up on questions i've asked... i know that i dont know everything, but i know a little bit now and i figure i can help these guys out buy jumping in and giving them something to start with... ya know? haha... good luck with your choice again bro... and maybe that thread will help you out... but its one of those choices... you will be right either choice you make.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom