Noobie needs help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kemperz

Solid State Member
Hey there, new to the forums and I just had a question, I own an amd athalon 1700 XP @ 1.5GHZ and 368MB Ram, I'm getting 2 x 512 Ram istalled soon and a buddy has a radeon x600 graphics card he's going to give me, and it requires a pci-express slot, and I have no idea what so ever if I have one or where to find it, could someone help me out please?! Thank you all.

Download CPU-Z, that will tell you what motherboard you have. Then look up the specs online.

Or, look at the actual motherboard. The PCI-e slot you are looking for will look like this, may be a different colour:
475px-PCI-Express-Bus.jpg

Motherboard Name PCChips M825ULR - Thats the name of my motherboard I believe, but I googled it and i couldn't find any info on it, is there a site I can go to, to see the specs? Thanks for the help!

Hmm, I can't seem to gain anything from Google either. Only stuff I can seem to find is similar posts complaining they can't find any info on your motherboard :p
Is your computer a pre-built? If so, what's the manufacturer+model?

Edit: Oh, and like I said, you could try looking at the actual motherboard. If it has PCI-E then it will be labeled as such, like the far left in the image in my post up there ^
Another idea may be to use GPU-Z to see what graphics card you have now, if it's AGP then it's unlikely you have a PCI-e slot.

the closet I could find was a m825U
PCCHIPS Web Site

When your cpu was produced pci-e did not exist. If it is the one I found it does have a 4x agp slot for graphics but your buddies card will not work.

Thanks all, took apart the computer and sure enough there was no pci-e slot, thank you all for the quick reply's and help! Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom