New monitor info??

Status
Not open for further replies.

santa

Baseband Member
It wont matter what you use. Can use the converter if you wish or just go with DVI.

DVI and HDMI are the exact same (both are HD); only difference is that HDMI carries sound. Graphics cards don't carry sound though, so there's no difference for a graphics card.

DVI does technically carry sound i believe, because you can go from HDMI to DVI to HDMI and retain sound.

In certain situations it is known that DVI can carry sound. But by default most setups wont have that happen. PC being one cause the video card doesnt transfer sound anyways. So if you are using it with your PC it is just better to go DVI. Using HDMI to try and get the sound as well will be futile.

^ Actually the video card does output sound Mak. There is a very small wire that barely anyone uses that comes with the card that goes to a sound output port on the motherboard for exactly this.

DVI and HDMI are the exact same (both are HD); only difference is that HDMI carries sound. Graphics cards don't carry sound though, so there's no difference for a graphics card.

Wrong... Very wrong... My 3850 outputs sound when using the HDMI connector, but I have to tell Vista to use that as a soundcard instead when I want the sound output going to an HDMI tv....

^ Actually the video card does output sound Mak. There is a very small wire that barely anyone uses that comes with the card that goes to a sound output port on the motherboard for exactly this.

Ahh yes that cable. I know exactly what cable you are reffering to. I use that with my DVD Drives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom