PCI Case fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are fairly pointless normally the fans are cheap and noisy. I would place it above the gpu to extract air from the back of the card and not disrupt airflow for the graphics own fan. Do plenty of googling before buying as many of them are not worth the money.

Buying this depends on case layout, these things blow upwards, these dont at all help air flow, but are designed to keep normal PCI cards cool .. like a TV tunner card and so on. They can be used to keep graphics cards cool, but only the older none covered ones would benifit.

You wouldnt be able to put this behind your graphics card unless you have a wondering PCI slot ontop of your PCI-E slot. But even if you did you would be just blowing hot air straight over the processor.

Not a recomended buy, for use with covered graphics cards.

Recomended for hot PCI cards, and uncovered graphics cards.

2 would make a difference in sound, but not in performance of cooling.

I've found when mounting cathodes is to have one at the bottom and top, just behind the case window. If you was to look at the case front on they would be mounted at the furthest topright and bottom left. This keeps them out of side from the side window and alows them to spill light into your case evenly.

I'm not gonna lie I'm basically buying it for the blue LEDs, the extra airflow was a bonus to me LOL. I recently switched out all the the stock fans in my Thermaltake Spedo Advance Package case with blue LED fans [except for the 230mm, cause i dont know if that is even possible LOL] because simply I just like the color blue better then red. My friend bought me 2 blue cold cathodes, just need to figure where im going to mount them. I don't think I'm going to do anymore upgrading on my rig for awhile, maybe get a 250GB SSD with Windows 7 on it when it comes out, go for quad sli or switch to the 300series when that comes out, but that's like WAY WAY WAY INTO THE FUTURE when prices go down LOL. so right now Im just going for customization for my case. I'm even thinking about taking up my friends offered to paint the case chrome black.

I know what your saying, I have a twin engine BB from A+ lots of blue leds, cant get enough lighting. Quad SLi wouldnt be worth it unless you had crazy amount of money. By the time you got one card then the next 2 cards, A better card would be out for the same overall price you bought the 3 at that would be better than your Quad SLi setup, Its a very crewl world. But I like the sound of the 300 series adn 250GB SSD wouldnt mind that myself. The paint job I wouldnt mind ether, I bought a bunch of stuff a while ago for airbrushing watched a few vids and found out it takes 3 days for one paint project, so I just sold it on to a friend LOL, But chrome black would be kool. Just make sure its a good job tho, don't want that case of yours to look bad.

Love the lights, would never put in on my car lol, but on a computer its amazing. I love it when all the lights are off and it just lights up the room, look inside and it looks like something you'd see in a rave or straight out of a sci-fi movie.

Quad SLI sounds ridiculous anyway, I've honestly thought about doing it though LOL, just so I could play Crysis on my TV with high settings, but I figured the 300series is on its way and probably with a SLI set up that could shut up the quad SLI gtx 295. But then again I also thought might as well go quad SLI since I already payed $500 for my card, it be a waste of money, unless I decide to sell my current rig and start from scratch again. Which doesn't sound too shabby LOL, save month for 2mnths then make that dream system... Windows 7, 250GB SSD, i7 965, 4gigabyte memory sticks(hopefully be out by the time 300series comes out), MSI Eclipse/Rampage II, and some 300 series SLI lol. Be amazing, but like I already got a computer, shotgunned a hole in my wallet and straight through the floor, might as well be content with what I got.

About the paint job, my friend actually paints cars. He works over at Honda, he said he's going to just steal some factory paint from work, apparently no one is going to say anything lol, and he knows a few people who do custom paint jobs, he just going to use their facility and paint it. If I do go through with the paint job, I'm only going to have the exterior painted.

Sounds good LOL, but one can only dream and put another lottery ticket on LOL. Sounds good about the paint job, I'd be thrilled to get something like that for free! good luck to him with the paint, He'll probably get it of his next wages when they notice its gone LOL, I'm sure it will be fine tho. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom