Case Mod for NZXT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today I fixed up some brackets for the optical drive. I cannibalized these from the base of an old 5.25 bay. Cut and bent them appropriately so they hold work with the "slide" style drive bay brackets screwed onto the drive. I couldn't find the Chieftec Dragon version I thought I had, but did find some from an old Compucase (similar design). The new top panel I'll be making will encase the drive, so it was important that I can slide the optical drive in/out without having to access fastener screws. I thought I'd need to plant a pilot screw in front of the notch in spring portion of the bracket (to keep it from sliding out) but it's snug enough to stay in place on it's own.

biomechanical.casemod.mnpctech9z9d.jpg

biomechanical.casemod.mnpctech9z9e.jpg

biomechanical.casemod.mnpctech9z9f.jpg

"I do not like Black Molding on my Khaos panels Sam I am"

biomechanical.casemod.mnpctech9z9g.jpg

No, I'm not insulating my workshop :D. I'm using this foam to construct the cores for a new bezel, top panel and features on the side panels. These will be sculpted, then covered with fiberglass.

Cut from beneath with a hacksaw blade, this yields the best cutting results
biomechanical.casemod.mnpctech9z9h.jpg

biomechanical.casemod.mnpctech9z9i.jpg

biomechanical.casemod.mnpctech9z9j.jpg

Look like something I may have stolen from the kitchen...
biomechanical.casemod.mnpctech9z9k.jpg

This is just pre-fitting the top panel, There will fan "holes" added .
biomechanical.casemod.mnpctech9z9l.jpg

The center portion will be opened..lol.. :D
biomechanical.casemod.mnpctech9z9m.jpg

Looking forward to the final mod. So far it looks pretty intense.

I'd love to send you my beloved Antec P180 case and have you go buck wild on it.

Once I finish sculpting more details on the skull, it will be painted and blend in more to the theme.

Looking forward to the final mod. So far it looks pretty intense.

I'd love to send you my beloved Antec P180 case and have you go buck wild on it.

Are you the individual that emailed me about modding theirs this past week?

Yes, it can get crazy at time, but its been real slow past few weeks.

This weekend my focus will go back to adding more details to my friend, Skully.

My Magic Sculpt arrived, after receiving the wrong product, Magic Smooth. I can't blame them, the product labels are very similar. Tap's customer service is one of the best I've ever dealt with. They took care of everything quickly, answered emails, and called to follow up with me about crediting the balance on my credit card. Very friendly over the phone. They're the business I strive Mnpctech to be like.

ARTbyTROY posted an excellent comparison of sculpting compounds for case modding. His article prompted my decision to try Magic Sculpt.

magicsculpt.mnpctech.com.jpg

Sculpting Tools I chose
ClayTools.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom