quick question: how do I ground myself when building the PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Santuzzo

Daemon Poster
Hi,

I got all my parts, so I am ready to put them together, well in terms of the parts, not that I actually am ready, but I will try:D

I tried to get an anitstatic wristband but none of the stores I went to had them, so my question is: how do I make sure I don't damage any parts with static electricity?

Am I grounded better with rubber soles or with socks? Do I need to touch the waterpipes every 10 mins or so?

I want to make sure I don't damage anything by doing this wrong.

Lars

All I do is touch metal, usually part of my case, to discharge any static electricity I may have prior to touching any component.

I never really ground myself, usually just go a long doing the normal routine. Sometime during that routine, I'm sure I touch the case, so that grounds me somewhat.

I don't usually ground myself other than touching the metal on the case... Along time ago a Dell tech support person told me that to ground yourself effectively you have to have the power cord plugged in to the psu and the wall socket while you touch the metal on the case... Not sure if I believe him..

If you are worried about it you can get one of those wrist straps with the wire and aligator clip that you clip onto the case...

Thanks, the grounding (as mentioned earlier) turend out not to be a problem at all.

I got everything wired but now I'm having a hard time with cable management.
I did run all the cables nicely out of the case in to the side space (chamber between case and side panel, which I think is meant for stowing the cables in), and inside the case it's all nice and neat, but outside it's a mess.
Should I consider taking a few cables back into the case and keep 'em there or would that be bad for the air flow and cooling?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom