Side panel replacement/mod?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NightSurge

Fully Optimized
The case I have is this:
Newegg.com - Rosewill Wind Ryder RZLS142A-P YE Dual 120mm Cooling Fans and Mesh Design Front Panel Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases

Now I already removed the side vent, and I cannot put a pan there because of this reason:
Yes that is the heatsink almost reaching the side.
039.JPG

What I would like is to somehow replace the side panel with one that has a side fan low enough to not interfere with the CPU heatsink. I considered modding my own side panel, but I do not have access to the required materials or workspace for that kind of task, plus I imagine it would not be cost effective.

Are there other side panels that would work with my case?

side panels are proprietary.

They only fit onto the cases theyre made for.

A good case can go a long way, not only in looks but in cooling capacity as well.

side panels are proprietary.

They only fit onto the cases theyre made for.

A good case can go a long way, not only in looks but in cooling capacity as well.

Yeah, I only wanted it for that one additional fan. Cooling isn't even a problem with my current case and setup. I'm just a bit overly careful when it comes to PC hardware. I guess I'll stick with my regular planned upgrade of 2x 120mm RED led fans to match the case and increase cooling a tad. That's really all I want/need.

The next time I get a new machine (in a few years) I'll surely take a bit more consideration for the case.

adding a side panel yourself is not that difficult, check out the tutorial at mnpctech.com. Materials, if you can find a local place, will cost you under $10. Assuming you have or have access to a jig/saw and or dremel.

You can order kits from a variety of places....unfortunately if you're not willing to make yourself one then your options are limited with that case.

adding a side panel yourself is not that difficult, check out the tutorial at mnpctech.com. Materials, if you can find a local place, will cost you under $10. Assuming you have or have access to a jig/saw and or dremel.

You can order kits from a variety of places....unfortunately if you're not willing to make yourself one then your options are limited with that case.

See, I would gladly order those kits, but it's not those parts that are a problem. I have no access to the machines such as the saw or dremel. All I have at home are basic home-use drill, screw drivers, alan wrenches, ratchet wrenches, etc. No major power tools, and no relatives or friends that have these either. I could look into a local shop, but that would not be free. It really isn't much of an issue at all. I was merely interested in it as a no-hassle improvement since I really don't have time for this kind of mod, myself :(

if you did have the 2 tools needed for the side window, it can be done in 30 minutes or less.

the most time consuming aspect of it is the preperation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom