login does not set cookies

Status
Not open for further replies.

tastegw

Inspired by Art
try this, deleat all your cookies, and such, come back here, use the login at the top of the page, log in. click box "remember me" and then exit your browser, restart browser.
come back to tech-forums, and you will not be logged in.
no cookies were set to log you in automaticly when you come back.

this took me a while to figure out why..

to bypass this right now (until this is fixed)

while logged out, just go to a thread and try to respond to it, this will prompt you to log in

this method will set the cookies for you.

mods can you fix the member login @ the top of the page so it sets the cookies and saves your info.

edit: i have been having nothing but issues ever since this new theme.

not sure how much more i can take.

Hunh, I had wondered why I kept having to sign in. I don't wanna delete all my cookies tho, I think I'll delete only TF's.

With opera i have to keep signing in to the site no matter what i try.

With IE i can't even log in as the stupid join now crap is covering the login area :mad:

Attachments

• WTF!!!.jpg
    WTF!!!.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 198
I use CookieCuller (Firefox extension) to protect the cookies I want to keep, like my login here and other places. As long as I remember to use CookieCuller to clean my cookies I am good to go. If I clean them through Firefox or CCleaner I am screwed. :eek:

The Mods cant fix the cookie issue. It is SERVER side and only done by Larry.

This happens at home and at school, though at school I have to sign in every time I post, instead of every few minutes.

Honestly i dont see the big deal. If you are at school you should not be having the cookie saved anyways.

You dont know who will be using the PC after you and what they are going to do. So if you leave yourself logged in, they can retrace your steps and get you in trouble here and possibly banned.

At home is it really so difficult to just type in a user name and password once per session? Yeah i never had to do it before, but honestly it isnt that difficult. I may have logged on more times since this new skin since i joined. But still it isnt like it is that hard to do.

I'd be happy if I had to sign in once per session, but it's every few minutes.

@ the school thing, we've all learnt by year 11 to lock comps when we'll be gone even for 30 seconds, since it's basically obligation to mess with an unlocked comp :p After going to this school, locking/logging off is now so ingrained in me I do it even at home. And cookies get deleted every friday.

Edit: For example, while typing this post it logged me out in the inter-rim.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom