Pc takes too long to boot up

Status
Not open for further replies.
The internal info cant be clarified cause it is just code numbers. Only those who have access to what those code numbers mean can tell you what they are.

That information is not available to the public and is used by Microsoft themselves on Reports to them.

We can sit here and guess and make it sound really good if you want. ;)

lol...

So ive basically done everything to figure this but I cant. So my next option is to reformat this. I'll do that and let you know how it goes.

Yes sadly a format and reinstall seems to be the best option. Sorry we couldnt be of more service.

lol you wouldn't believe this. I have a 22" 16:9 1080p HD screen. I was looking up reviews for my screen. While doing that I came across topics about the cables they use with the screen. I found out that DVI cable is better then VGA cable and I was using the VGA cable and I had the DVI cable sitting in my cupboard. So I changed the VGA cable to the DVI cable and noy my PC starts up fine with no problems.

Wonder why though?

Could be a issue with the VGA Connection. It is not unheard of. I have seen people go back to VGA with some installs of Win7 cause DVI and HDMI give them problems.

Yes it was a strange problem. Well you learn something new everyday. Thanks for all the help.

I would suggest a BIOS update. It could very well be something with that as well.mak213
I could be wrong here but a format wouldn't be a fix if it was the bios. Glad to hear about the vga/dvi fix. But for me if I had to do a bios update I would hire it done, luckily I have someone willing to work cheap plus my asus sriker extreme recommends doing it with a floppy which I didn't install on the build. And I also thank Nukem for the easycleaner and would like to add that on the duplicate files scan I had issues twice and luckily when I canceled and restarted they fixed themselves. I'll be leaving the duplicate files alone :)

I have also used CCleaner its free and never run into an issue with it.
Also if your not real comfortable in the registry or just lazy lol tweakxp pro by Total idea
is a trial program that has like 30 executions ( you only need 1 and the settings stay) before it needs registered and it has an Optimization wizard that really speeds xp up boot etc.
those are 2 that i have heard of fairly frequently with no ill effects. I ran the wizard on my other box to see what it did and it was the standard changes.

hey...hey now I tain't lazy:laughing:look what I do for a living lol. Thanks for the input antech66. I do have ccleaner and love it. I think the easycleaner registry tool did a better job cleaning. What duplicate files came up weren't duplicate? desktop.ini and desktop/system32.ini etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom