Can't get my mem to be PC3200

Status
Not open for further replies.

geo3tech

In Runtime
Heya, i just ran sisoft's sandra software of memory bandwith benchmarking and it shows that i have it on 2700 right now instead of 3200.

I went back in to bios to c my memory and it did say 2:1 (DDR400)

what's up with this? how could i fix this??

If this is on Comp2 that is down in your specs.....then you need to have it set at 1:1 not at 2:1....is your BIOS settings on your memory set to 'By SPD' or by USER? Inwhich you could change your frequency to the needed 400MHz....maybe it the sisoftware sandra was just telling you with your configuration that you're only achieving 2700 speeds which would mean you got a bottleneck somewhere...you aren't mixing and matching rams right? I wouldn't think so with 2x512 OCZ........whats the FSB of that 64 2800+.....aren't those like...800 or 1000 depending on the board you get....I think 1000 only pertains to the socket 939 though......so you must be at 800FSB....yes that makes sense......hmmm I suppose your CPU is running at its max 800FSB and your ram running at its normal 400MHz to create a 2:1 ratio? I'm not sure...hard to say without looking at it.

All I can say is make sure your frequency is set correct in the BIOS. You want it at 400 if you have PC3200 RAM and the AMD 64 can definitely handle that. specs for that specific 64 2800+ says up to DDR400 memory.

when i put my ram 1:1 it looked like this

1:1 (200MHZ)
5:3 (333MHZ)
2:1 (400MHZ)

i dunno but my fsb is set to 200mhz X9 multiplier
to make it 1800 mhz
that's default

the mem default was 1:1 (200MHZ)
so i thought i had 400 mhz so i just switched it to that

heh its funny now that I'm helping you after you call me an idiot in another thread...oh well....if one doesn't show another to forgive then the whole world would be even more fuxored up.

Yeah, you need to have your FSB at 200 then if your default speed of that chip is 1.8GHz...that should give you a 1:1 ratio with the PC3200 memory which is exactly what you want. In your memory frequency screen, it should say 400MHz. Your only options under DRAM FREQUENCY should be 266,333,or 400....with your CPU's FSB set at 200 then your DRAM FREQUENCY needs to be set at 400 and you will have the 1:1 ratio you want. If you can....get some screenshots of CPU-Z not only with the CPU information but one of the memory tab screenshot too. Unless the problems fixed

okay. thx for the tips nubius

i changed the bios setting to 1:1 and now the 3dmark score has gotten up to about 2900. it did get better and i think it's not supposed to show the true speed but the capable speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom