please give me some advice/opinions on this i7 920 build I want to get

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right now I have the case, the PSU, the GPU and the floppy already. Still waiting for the rest which are these parts:

2 x Samsung or LG DVD/DV Burners
1 x Asus P6T Deluxe
2x Samsung 1TB SATA II 32MB HD103UJ
1 x Samsung SpinPoint F1 250GB 16MB SATA HD252HJ
1 x i7 920
1x Corsair 6GB DDR3 1333Mhz XMS3 Tripple channel
1x Eminent EM1059 internal card reader

Since the shop that I ordered these parts form is going to be closed until wednesday (some stupid carneval holidays in a certain aread of the Netherlands), I am seriously considering cancelling the order with thme and re-order this stuff form another sotre that could deliver on monday or tuesday right away.

Would you guys suggest for me to change any parts of the above listed?

I wouldn't suggest going with a different store. If you order from another store you'd have to wait anyways since they always wait until the money is in and the order won't be processed right away. Maybe a day later and by the time they ship it would (almost) be the same as thursday...

I wouldn't suggest going with a different store. If you order from another store you'd have to wait anyways since they always wait until the money is in and the order won't be processed right away. Maybe a day later and by the time they ship it would (almost) be the same as thursday...

True, but most online stores offer payment via iDeal, in that case money gets in immediately, so if I maanga to find a store that has all the parts available in stock, and I can pay by iDeal, I could order tomorrow morning, and get the stuff latest by wednesady.
With PCMegastore I don't even know if I'd get that parts still within next week. Last status was that they were waiting for parts to come in. And now I can't find out until wednesday, because they are closed :mad:
I will do some research on Tweakers (great site, BTW, thanks for telling me about it), and if I do find a store that has the parts in stock, I might order from there on monday (tomorrow).:cool:

Right now I have the case, the PSU, the GPU and the floppy already. Still waiting for the rest which are these parts:

2 x Samsung or LG DVD/DV Burners
1 x Asus P6T Deluxe
2x Samsung 1TB SATA II 32MB HD103UJ
1 x Samsung SpinPoint F1 250GB 16MB SATA HD252HJ
1 x i7 920
1x Corsair 6GB DDR3 1333Mhz XMS3 Tripple channel
1x Eminent EM1059 internal card reader

Since the shop that I ordered these parts form is going to be closed until wednesday (some stupid carneval holidays in a certain aread of the Netherlands), I am seriously considering cancelling the order with thme and re-order this stuff form another sotre that could deliver on monday or tuesday right away.

Would you guys suggest for me to change any parts of the above listed?

A few more quesitons:

Would you recommend to me to get a CPU cooler or will the one that comes with the CPU be fine?
I am not going to overclock (I don't evne know how to do that).

Would this : Kingston ValueRAM KVR1333D3N9K3/6G be a good alternative to the Corsair on my list?

You don't need an aftermarket cooler if you aren't going to overclock. Stick with the Corsair ram, the Kingston Value select stuff usually doesn't have heat spreaders.

You don't need an aftermarket cooler if you aren't going to overclock. Stick with the Corsair ram, the Kingston Value select stuff usually doesn't have heat spreaders.

Thanks !

I was asking about the Kingston because like I described in an earlier post, I am considering to cancel my present order and order form another shop, just ot get my parts sooner.
And one shop in quesiton has good prices, but they don't have that Corsair RAM. But I will stick the Corsair if it's better!:)

Sorry, but I got more quesitons :

Would this be a good HDD for the OS; for programs and some games:

Databyte - Samsung 640GB 16MB 7200rpm SATA3.0 3.5i SPINPOINT (F1-series), HD642JJ

Then another question about the DVD burners, this one is the Samsung SH-S223F, but it says "BEBE" behind the naem. Anybody know what that means? Is that a different model?
This is the link:

Databyte - Samsung SH-S223F/BEBE 22x DVD+/- R/RW/DL/RAM Internal 2MB SATA , SH-S223F/BEBE

I could order the remaining parts from two other stores and cancel my order form the first store, that way I'd get my parts sooner.

Oh, and one more question regarding the boxed CPU cooler: do I need to buy extra thermal paste or will I not need it?

For some reason my new questions got auto-merged to an older post:confused:

Sorry, but I got more questions :

Would this be a good HDD for the OS; for programs and some games:

Databyte - Samsung 640GB 16MB 7200rpm SATA3.0 3.5i SPINPOINT (F1-series), HD642JJ

Then another question about the DVD burners, this one is the Samsung SH-S223F, but it says "BEBE" behind the naem. Anybody know what that means? Is that a different model?
This is the link:

Databyte - Samsung SH-S223F/BEBE 22x DVD+/- R/RW/DL/RAM Internal 2MB SATA , SH-S223F/BEBE

I could order the remaining parts from two other stores and cancel my order form the first store, that way I'd get my parts sooner.

Oh, and one more question regarding the boxed CPU cooler: do I need to buy extra thermal paste or will I not need it?

For some reason my new questions got auto-merged to an older post:confused:

It looks like it was merged by vernon. If this happened it was probably because you double posted. Of course in the process of asking about the merging you have double posted again. Please avoid this in the future.
I would not recommend cancelling and reordering as you may be just slowing the process down, just be patient and it will arrive before you know it. The spinpoint f1 is a great HDD although 640GB is easily 6 times bigger than most people ever need for just OS and programs so if you can get a smaller one for less money you may as well take that instead.

I got mroe parts coming in today:

The P6T Deluxe
the i7 920 CPU,
and the 2 samsung HDDs 1TB each arrived today:)
along with this some cables that I ordered just to be on the safe side.

The only thing that worries me a bit is that the P6T Deluxe was not sealed, so in theory it could have been taken out of the box before and connected.
Is that common that Asus doesn't seal them?

I got mroe parts coming in today:

The P6T Deluxe
the i7 920 CPU,
and the 2 samsung HDDs 1TB each arrived today:)
along with this some cables that I ordered just to be on the safe side.

The only thing that worries me a bit is that the P6T Deluxe was not sealed, so in theory it could have been taken out of the box before and connected.
Is that common that Asus doesn't seal them?
Ordered an Asus Video card this year that wasn't sealed, has performed flawlessly though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom