Mounting Rad, Fans, Radbox - help

Status
Not open for further replies.

blucube

In Runtime
So I got my Radiator in, it's the XSPC 360mm rad... plus 3 120mm fans and one of swiftechs radbox... and I think I'm running into a slight problem, but hopefully I'm just doing something wrong... though, the screws that were supplied with the rad box don't seem to fit snuggly enough in the Radiator...

So with fans... and even a radbox... whats the proper way to mount the RAD/things to the RAD?

also.. I don't know if the screws are supposed to go in further, but the rads coil's/pipes are actually directly aligned with those holes... I take it the screws aren't supposed to pass all the way through are they?

radbox-installation-mockup-.gif

Is that the same ?

Yeah I've seen that... the problem is it seems like the radiator holes for the screws vary.. 1 fits in snug, the others are kinda so so... also, I was certain how far the screws need to go in because most of the rads guts will prevent it from the screws going in very far... is this normal? or am I just doing something wrong

Usualy these things are pretty secure with all the screw holes. I think the screws are suppose to go through the fan and scrw into the rad. Then for the mount to the case I think your suppose to line it all up on the case and screw it into place from inside the case.

What sizes of scews do you have there ?

well, I guess M4 screws came with the rad box, but also 6-32... however, I also noticed that some of the fins on the inside are kinda bent in portions... is this normal for rads? or is it damaged and should be looked into RMA'ing?

It's been less than a week, I just emailed petra and sort of explained the condition to them. Hopefully they'll be understanding and it wont be too painful to get this resolved.

Bent fins are no big deal.

I think the problem is the screws used for Swiftech rads are not the same as those used in the XSPC rad.

My favorite method of attaching the rad to the case is by just using a gutter 120mmx38mm fan. Works great and you just need to use standard screws to attach the one end to the rad, and then some screws with nuts to attach to the case itself.

I never bothered with the radbox, too much hassle.

@ David, please don't give advice on things you don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom