Acer inspire nothing works!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

vagrant00

Beta member
I have an acer aspire 3100-1405, i was on a trip and my brother had it, now nothing seems to work.

When booting the pc it will only show a black screen, after manually pressing the power button it tuns off, i press it again and it starts windows(which says its a not genuine version and have to wait about 10 secs and cant enter my account cause i cant press the okay button).

Once there nothing works, no keyboard, no touch pad. Tried with usb mouse and keyboard and same prob, i also noticed power adapter not charging the laptop.

Tried the fn+f7 and it didnt work, tried enter cmos but keyboard not responding, tried taking out battery but laptop wont boot with the power adaptor.

No beeps at any point not even if i press 7 keys at the same time.

Im really out of options, think it may be the motherboard.

Any comments will be appreciated

Seems like water damage, take the battery out and site it over a heater for a few hours (overnight or something) see how that works. If it gets to windows .. take the battery out run off mains and reinstall your windows. I have a similar problem with my laptop turned out to be the battery had went. it wouldnt load into windows. But just to be sure put it over the heater first. if everything fails .. ask your brother for a replacement:D

tried it, in a way so to speak and it didnt work.

ive been reading acer pcs having this type of problems, looking atound ive found ppl with the same problem, this one just barely went off warranty since its 13 months old.....

oh well, looks like its time to buy a new one

If you type something like "acer aspire broken" into google you will obviously see a lot of people who have broken acers. Try running memtest86 the success/degree of failure will show two things.
1) If it is a memory problem (unlikely but worth knowing)
2) If it is an OS problem (more likely)

Sounds like water damage.
Try smelling the keyboard, does it smell like coffee, beer or wine. Do the keys feel stickly. Lets just hope that is just softdrink.
Try removing the keyboard and look around for any evoporation marks or spill marks on the motherboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom