my first PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
750a isn't the greatest chipset for an AMD. This board would be better:
Biostar TA790GX 128M Motherboard - AMD 790GX, AM2+ 128MB DDR2 Side-Port, ATI Hybrid, CrossFire, PCIe 2.0, Gigabit, USB2.0, RAID, HDMIDVI in Canada at TigerDirect.ca
It also supports the new AM3 processors and can keep your options open for a future upgrade.

This ram would be a lot better if you don't mind mail in rebates:
OCZ SLI-Ready Dual Channel 4096MB PC6400 DDR2 800MHz Memory (2x2048MB) OCZ2N800SR4GK in Canada at TigerDirect.ca

Also try to avoid Tigerdirect.ca and maybe use Newegg.ca?

Agreed with Gt7Sanremo, and maybe get the HD 4830, since its cheaper than the 9800GT most of the time, plus it makes more sense to get an AMD card in an AMD Chipset board..

Maybe look into the X2 7750

its actually the same price as the one you posted lol but ya newegg is a much better site.

actually on some of the items there was at most on a couple of things $13 difference but the ram chips were gt7sanremo recommended tiger was cheaper by a fair bit.

and what kind of power supply(I may just go overboard just to be safe750watt maybe). and what about extra cooling is it worth it at this stage?

and what kind of power supply(I may just go overboard just to be safe750watt maybe). and what about extra cooling is it worth it at this stage?

Lol, that would be alot more than overboard. Put it this way, my PC would be taking twice as much power to run as yours will, and im doing it with 550W.

This will serve you well:

Newegg.com - PC Power & Cooling Silencer PPCS420X 420W ATX12V 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Power Supply - Power Supplies

But if you really want 750W, lol:

Newegg.com - PC Power & Cooling S75CF 750W EPS12V SLI NVIDIA SLI Certified (Dual 8800 GTX and below) CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Power Supply - Power Supplies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom