gameing and ht?

Status
Not open for further replies.
don't bump your thread after 5 hours... we will get to it. We aren't online 24/7

Philbar's build will be great. Just pick whatever case you want. You might want to consider a blu-ray player too since you want ht and youre going to be using an hdtv for your screen

yeah, i think i wanna blu-ray. how do you run hi-def tv to your computer with hdmi? i plan using my home audio reciever instead of the sound.

i appreciate the help!

dude... you rock!!!!! thanx for the help.

does that mobo have a hdmi port?

dude... you rock!!!!! thanx for the help.

does that mobo have a hdmi port?

I think you would use the HDMI converter attached to the GPU. Not the mobo, to connect your tv.
Newegg.com - EVGA 896-P3-1255-AR GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 896MB 448-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

And if you want to connect sound from your Computer (watching a blueray)... your mobo has
an optical and a coaxial S/PDIF Out that you may be able to connect to your home audio system.

these guys know more about it than i do... i was just browsing and thought i'd chime in.

I think you would use the HDMI converter attached to the GPU. Not the mobo, to connect your tv.
Newegg.com - EVGA 896-P3-1255-AR GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 896MB 448-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

And if you want to connect sound from your Computer (watching a blueray)... your mobo has
an optical and a coaxial S/PDIF Out that you may be able to connect to your home audio system.

these guys know more about it than i do... i was just browsing and thought i'd chime in.

soooo... that video card has a hdmi connect/port?

Not really, you could always consider one though. Your motherboard has an PDIF optical out so it's not necessary. You could always add one later if you're not satisfied with the onboard audio.

Not really, you could always consider one though. Your motherboard has an PDIF optical out so it's not necessary. You could always add one later if you're not satisfied with the onboard audio.

sooo... my ht reciever is providing the power but the onboard audio is doing the sound processing? doesnt matter how good my ht reciever is, if the onboard is mediocre it want sound best without a good sound card?

hmmm... that asus looks pretty nice. i wonder if you can hook rca's up to it. sorry... i'm new to this pc ht stuff

now i need a case... i'd like to have a see-through panel with all the fancy led lights and stuff. i want it to look cool, i guess. any suggestions?

also, isnt a 7500 rpm 1tb hd kinda slow? if i run a 10000 rpm hd i'm sacrificing memory for speed. can i just get a one 7500 rpm tb hd and be happy? i cant stand lag. i want this computer to be fast as ****!

now i need a case... i'd like to have a see-through panel with all the fancy led lights and stuff. i want it to look cool, i guess. any suggestions?

also, isnt a 7500 rpm 1tb hd kinda slow? if i run a 10000 rpm hd i'm sacrificing memory for speed. can i just get a one 7500 rpm tb hd and be happy? i cant stand lag. i want this computer to be fast as ****!

Ive been looking at cases myself for the last few days... i have a few in mind you might like.

Newegg.com - Antec Nine Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases

Newegg.com - NZXT Apollo Black SECC Steel Chassis ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases

Newegg.com - NZXT Guardian 921 CS-NT-GD921-B Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases

Newegg.com - APEVIA X-QBOII X-QBOII-BK/500 Black SECC Steel MicroATX Mini Tower Computer Case 500W Power Supply - Computer Cases

Newegg.com - APEVIA X-SNIPER G-Type X-SNIPERG-AL Black / Silver SECC Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases

but this is the one i'm getting for myself....

Newegg.com - Thermaltake M9 VI1000BWS Black SECC Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases

there are 100's more on newegg to choose from if you dont like any of those...

i really dont have much input on the hdd's... i did see a few on newegg that were 7500rpm 1tb with an average latency of 4.16ms. not sure what these guys think of the brand name...

Newegg.com - Seagate SV35.3 ST31000340SV 1TB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - Internal Hard Drives

Good Luck Brah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom