Latitude D830

Status
Not open for further replies.
mak, thanks for answering all my questions.

one last one, so even though this guy has windows vista business, and i put windows vista home premium, it will just use the premimum data and that will be the OP from now on?
and another thing, the BIOS password is still there, will this CD allow me to reformat it and also, will it erase the BIOS password as well?

No it will now erase the BIOS Password. That will be there until he can get the password from the original owner.

Yes it will use Home Premium from now on once you install it. Nothing will be left of the business install.

Reset the bios - something that isn't easy on a laptop. Google it to see if there are any tutorials on it. It is a pain because if possible, you have to take the entire laptop apart.

This isn't even a guarantee fix as some of the newer BIOS setups will save that password so that people can't just reset the BIOS to bypass the password.

If clearing the CMOS like Lex said doesnt do it then no. Nukem was asking the same thing cause he is in a similar situation. Sadly the password is still saved somehow.

The only thing i could really think of, reflash the BIOS on there. Maybe that will take it back to default settings without any passwords. But that isnt even a guarantee.

I recently had the bios locked on my latitude D830. Thereafter got support from DELL and was able to unlock it with an administrative password. If anyone would like a copy of those passwords, please email me.

Product Lattitude CMOS
Version CPi
User ID (none)
Password nz0u4bbe
Notes enter password, then press control + enter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom