Need advice on new PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

s37d

Banned
I'm running a P4 3.2ghz I built back in 2003, obviously it's losing/lost its edge. I've upgraded it as much as possible, from the graphics card to the memory. I play older games that it can run decently, but with new games coming out now I'm going to need a new PC. I'm a big Diablo and Starcraft guy, both of which have been announced. They're the only two games I really care about at this point in time. My question to you guys is, should I wait until the first of those games are announced and then build a new rig, or just build one now? It's tempting, as many of you I'm sure know, when you have the money and want to build a new computer but are unsure.

If I wait, the tech will be more advanced, and the I7's will have gone down, and maybe AMD will have put out a new processor. If I buy now though, not only will I be able to enjoy a faster, smoother computer, but I'll also be able to play modern 3D games if I want, to pass the time until Diablo/Starcraft.

Any input is appreciated, thanks.

Yeah I've noticed a lot of you avid builders build new computers every 6 months or so. That sounds like a bit more work than I'd want to do. What do you guys do, just ebay all the parts individually and start over?

A lot of us usually just upgrade individual parts every now and then. Overtime it ends up being a new computer, and old parts are sold off wherever they can be really.

Yeah that's what I've done with this one. Started with a 5700fx card, went to 6600gt, now ATI x1650. As far as memory, I started with 512 ram, went up to 1 gb, now at 2gb. Hard drives I started with 1 hd, added another, now at 3. This is over the course of 6 years, but now it's at the point where I'd need a new motherboard to go any further. You guys must hit the same dead end and have to go for a whole new build too right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom