hard drive not displayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerigorn

In Runtime
i have the system below but i also bought an 80gb segate barracuda 7200 rpm to go along with my 160. xp and all of my files are on the 160. i set up the 160 as the master and the 80 as the slave, naturally. however, when windows boots and i open My Computer the 160 gig drive is shown but the 80 isn't. during the ide scan my amd detects both harddrives and everything is hooked up correctly. when i go to the properties of the 160 it shows under the volume when i popluate it: "type: basic
partition style: master boot record
on the other hand the 80 shows: "type: unknown
partition style: not applicable

assuming windowsXP, im not sure.

from a windows install floppy use fdisk and make a partition-->primary DOS and then format.The formatting can be done under winXP just like win98 I would assume.

even a linux install cdrom it can be done using fdisk or cfdisk, im not a microsoft person........somebody should be able to chime in here and help.

I would assume your gonna need it to be parttioned and formatted for NTFS or FAT32, dpending on what your other drive is set up as.

In my computer right click the disk drive and select "format". It will ask for you to initialize the disk before formatting. If using win2000/ winXP you can also click start>run and type diskmgmt.msc into the run box. This is Disk Management utility

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom