Best ATI Video Card w/HDMI Output

Status
Not open for further replies.

Indobos

In Runtime
I am looking for a card that will output HDMI with audio. Preferably 7.1 audio on the hdmi but not necessary. No price point just want the best card with this output. ATI needed only. Thank you for your help.

Sorry should have explained better. This will be used for a HTPC PC. Mostly BD Player. I need the Audio to be sent out on the HDMI connection point so I can limit the amount of cables that need to be ran. Thanks

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think the audio will be output through the HDMI on a GFX card. Doesn't it output just the video?

Oh and by the way HTPC stands for home theater personal computer so it is redundant to say htpc pc lol. just letting you know

Some ATI cards have a small audio processor ondie which will process the audio and output it when enabled in windows. Nvidia's option takes a spdif cable from a seperate audio processor and then interlaces with the video signal to give you hdmi with Audio and vid.

As vernong said the 4350 or the Hd3470 are cheap and will do everything you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom