cooling my laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

natrat

Solid State Member
i have a toshiba L300 laptop and would like to know if i can speed the fan up to make it abit cooler inside?

How are you planning to speed the fan up ?

There's not much you can do to get the fan full speed all the time. I've not tried this myself, but you could maybe solder the fan wires to a steady flow of juice on the board. this would bypass the controller on the board. remember the fan needs resisters, so if you are mad enough to try this .. solder not far from where it was. doing this would just be loud as ****. and not advisable, but possible.

If your just wanting to get it a little cooler inside for the likes of gaming, pulling out the DVD drive might help with airflow. Or you could buy one of them laptop stands with the fans on it.

Newegg.com - SYBA USB Powered Mini Stand Notebook Cooler Model CL-NBK68003 - Laptop Accessories

Get a laptop cooling pad. That will be your best bet.

I dont use my pad with my battery. Only when i have AC Power to it. But it runs on USB so it will take as much power as your USB Devices can take.

You can always try downloading the software that is linked in my siggy, works for dells for the most part, but it may detect your fan and let you adjust the speed.

Charles i did try that on my Inspiron 1501 and it didnt work. :(

But thanks for the link though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom