No monitor signal

Status
Not open for further replies.

dartgande

In Runtime
Hello all, and thanks for the help in advance,

I just recently bought a computer, and it came in the mail. I just tried to fire it up, and everything seems to work fine, except I am getting no signal to the monitor. I tried another monitor and faced the same issue. The video card is an EVGA GTX 260. When the computer first boots up, I've noticed that the fan seems to start, stall for a very split second, and then repeat that process. Is that normal? I mean it is only even noticable if staring at it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Does this computer have onboard video as well? if so have you tried plugging into that connection as well as your video card? It may require a bios adjustment if your onboard works to get the vid card to work. What motherboard do you have?

Yeah, I reseated and checked everything, but still no monitor signal. Little frustrated by now, any other ideas on where to go from here?

Test the psu. Try a different psu. try a different video card. try different ram configurations like just one stick in different slots.

sounds like a bad GPU.. if there is no onboard GPU then there would not be any other way other than maybe popping a PCI GPU in and see if that is read.. or if you have another PCI-e card to check it with..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom