dual-core or core2duo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

peter_ming

Baseband Member
Helo guys,

Can anyone shed a light on dual core vs core2duo? All I know that both use dual core architecture and one is cheaper than the other, but seeing that sometimes the speed (GHz) overlaps between those two models, I'm a bit confused.

Also 'dual-core' somehow denotes an inferior quality, more like if you can't get a German car, get a Japan one.

Anyone?
P

edit:
this concerns laptops, since there are more CPU models on laptops than on desktops.

dual-core is basically the same as core2duo.

The dual-core processors are the same kind of design but older brand. The core2duo's can achieve a much better processing rate at lower clock speeds (GHz) and consume less power that your regular dual-cores.

dual-core is basically the same as core2duo.

The dual-core processors are the same kind of design but older brand. The core2duo's can achieve a much better processing rate at lower clock speeds (GHz) and consume less power that your regular dual-cores.

thus the cheaper price on dual-cores?

and there's the prefix 'T', 'U', 'P', 'LV', I understand that now P is the highest of them all? And considering the daily office use with light multimedia playback (DVDs and AVIs), dual-cores with bigger RAM will be sufficient?

Yes this is why dual-cores are cheaper, a dual-core with more RAM would be desirable for multimedia playback. The ideal RAM to have on notebooks is 2GB DDR2 667Mhz best price for performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom