Does my burner have a limited "burning" limit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

akasixcon

This is sparta!
Do DVD burners have a limit into how many DVD's it can burn? Is there an ideal amount of discs that is recommended limit to burn each day? Like is it bad if you burn 10 discs a day or even 50 discs a day compared to 1 a week? Should I be more cautious or what?

thanks.

I'm sure the more you use a drive, the more likely something will happen to it but thats true with everything with moving parts. I wouldn't worry about it. I'm sure you can burn thousands of DVD's before you should start wondering about how much longer it will last.

Why are you burning so many DVDs anyways?

Um, not that I know of. I have burned maybe 200 dvds this past year and my drive is a crappy LG 16x DVD+R IDE.

i am backing up my parent's 120gb hard drive because they don't have an external nor are they planning on buying one and i need to get their computer working ASAP so I need to reinstall the OS.

I had a old DVD IDE burner that burned close to 1000 disks before I gave it to my friend when I built a new system and it's still going strong. There is no limit to how many they will burn, it's like how many miles will your new car go?

Dauntae

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom