Hi-Grade Noting C5514

Status
Not open for further replies.

David@CC

Baseband Member
Hi there guys, got an old Hi-Grade here to repair. The guy was complaining about the power connection always going when he moves the plug around. Thought it shouldn't be to hard, I dismantled the laptop to get to the plug insert on the board. De-soldered it off to find out how it works, found out that the plug pushes a small conductor down to make a connection and the conductor wasn't reaching the board.

After fixing the problem I built it all back up, Shock horror the thing didn't work. The power light comes on, no fan noise. No caps lock, the DVD tray still comes out. I have checked over each connection to the board about 3 times. I've ran it completely bare, no RAM, HDD, DVD drive. Not even a beep.

I'm just wondering if this laptop has a failsafe to the amount of screws or so, highly unlikely but when I was dismantling the laptop 1 screw base broke off, looked like damage from a fall.

Also I am unsure if the laptop was like this even before I carried out the job, as I didn't think to check the thing was working fine in the first place, as in a operational standard.

But if anyone has any suggestions of this problem I would be very thankful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom