Computer died, looking to revive it with new parts :P

Status
Not open for further replies.

raykwok

Solid State Member
Hey guys, I built my computer in like 03-04, but it died, something with the OS, nothing mechanically wrong with it, but I'm looking to maybe upgrade it. I have a p4 2.4g on it, I have no idea what video card, I just looked at my motherboard and it's probably done since my fan just came right off... like wasn't attached at all. ok so I guess I'm starting with a case and harddrives lol... guys I've been out of the building game for quite some time, so any help is appreciated, I don't have a lot of money to spend, so best cheapest parts would be greatly appreciated. Also I want to use this computer to play Warhammer Online.

Thanks,

Ray

PC SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

For Windows XP

· 2.5 GHz P4 (single core) processor or equivalent
· 1 Gigabyte RAM
· A 128 MB Video Card, with support for Pixel Shader 2.0
· At least 15 GB of hard drive space

For Windows VISTA

· 2.5 GHz P4 processor or equivalent
· 2 Gigabyte RAM
· A 128 MB Video Card, with support for Pixel Shader 2.0
· At least 15 GB of hard drive space

Supported Video Cards

ATI Radeon(TM) series

· 9500, 9600, 9800
· X300, X600, X700, X800, X850
· X1300, X1600, X1800, X1900, X1950
· 2400, 2600, 2900,
· 3650, 3850, 3870
· 4850, 4870

NVIDIA GeForce series

· FX 5900, FX 5950
· 6600, 6800,
· 7600, 7800, 7900, 7950
· 8400, 8500, 8600, 8800
· 9400, 9500, 9600, 9800
· GTX 260, GTX 280

Intel(R) Extreme Graphics

· GMA X4500

Laptop versions of these chipsets may work, but may run comparatively slowly. Standalone cards that are installed in vanilla PCI slots (not PCIe or PCIx or AGP), such as some GeForce FX variants, will perform poorly. Integrated chipsets such as the ATI Xpress and the NVIDIA TurboCache variants will have low settings selected, but should run satisfactorily.

Please note that attempting to play the game using video hardware that isn't listed above may result in reduced performance, graphical issues or cause the game to not run at all.

The NVIDIA GeForce FX series is unsupported under Vista.

um budget is cheapest i can meet those requirements :p I don't really have a budget, it's just that I don't want to spend a lot of money either :(

kinda, I think I need:

Motherboard
Processor
fan
Video Card
? anything else attached to motherboard lol

also I remember newegg being a pretty cheap place to buy things... any updates on that?

also I fried my first motherboard by not wearing one of those static things, what are they called?

also I fried my first motherboard by not wearing one of those static things, what are they called?

Static wrist bands. If you have a metal case, you can simply keep your hand on that momentarily and that should drain your charge. Simple enough. But if you want the wristband, I guess it's better to be safe than sorry.

So you need a new motherboard, processor, RAM, video card, and probably a new power supply.

What case and hard drive do you have? You can get a good case and hard drive for like 90 bucks total, and it could be worth it in the long run.

At the person above me, a lot of those choices are not good ideas, either bad brands or old old parts.

What is your price range? Really makes a difference to know.

lol, my case is oldschool and HDD are too, maybe I should just do a whole fresh build :( I want to spend around 500 i guess, but I can spend more...

Static wrist bands. If you have a metal case, you can simply keep your hand on that momentarily and that should drain your charge. Simple enough. But if you want the wristband, I guess it's better to be safe than sorry.

So you need a new motherboard, processor, RAM, video card, and probably a new power supply.

What case and hard drive do you have? You can get a good case and hard drive for like 90 bucks total, and it could be worth it in the long run.

At the person above me, a lot of those choices are not good ideas, either bad brands or old old parts.

What is your price range? Really makes a difference to know.

lol i dont normaly build computers from websites and list them so i kinda suck at it :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom