Could you guys help me in building a computer please? :x

Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I could see IBUYpower didn't offer a 64-bit option? and the redWARNINGwas by design. Good catch on the IDE optical drive, and this is why I say.....its not so easy to build a system. It would be like me saying...go ahead and build a house its easy. Special thanks to member gt7sanremo and bkolk for catching my HUGE mistakes. I did an edit or 20 to mirror philbar71's better build. I was mainly going for total price and seeing what it takes to copy and paste all that information only to embarrass myself. I noticed I didn't have a hard drive, now there is one. same as philbar's. The reason I suggested one gpu was when I built my system I paid $400 for 8800gts x2 a year later they're selling for half that. I only have one optical drive myself so I took the second one off. These are the reasons that turned me on to this tech-forum over the others is you guys are on the ball IMO.

From what I could see IBUYpower didn't offer a 64-bit option? and the redWARNINGwas by design. Good catch on the IDE optical drive, but this is why I say.....its not so easy to build a system. It would be like me saying...go ahead and build a house its easy.

The IBUYPOWER build i made in the first page has a 64-bit vista home premium OS included.

Also unless some1 definitively knows, I would assume the GFX card's recommended PSU with 40amps on 12V rail, would include the whole system. Not the GFX card by itself needs 40amps. If that was the case it wouldn't be recommended, or it wouldn't work. I think they take into account the draw from an average of general systems.

its not so easy to build a system. It would be like me saying...go ahead and build a house its easy.

Actually it is real easy to build a computer, anyone can do it if they actually tried. You can look up a million places online for step by step guides on how to plug everything in. Thats how I learned, I built my first pc when I was 17 and I literally didn't know what a heatsink was, and I thought adding a video card required soldering. Someone on here could even describe the process.

do your self a favor and build it your self or have your husband build it on his birthday :)

the reason i recommended 2 GTX285's is because they are better than ONE 4870 X2. and will not give you any problems, like a multi GPU card will.

vista is all fixed now, i have ultimate and i love it. just go with my build and have him build it.

shoot, i was about 13 when i started building my first pc. it's very easy. if you can use a screw driver then you can build a pc. the hardest part is picking out the parts and that's what you have us for ;)

Hehee, thanks everyone :p I think I'm going to order all those parts you recommended :D

:eek: but i just have a few more questions :p ( of course :p)

1. I keep hearing "heat sink" and "cooling unit" and how vital it is for computers, i didn't see anything like a cooler thingy in the list..but i read the tower case is suposta to give good airflow- dose that mean i don't need once, and why no one recommend one? :p

2. Sound, do i need a good sound card? And when i buy a set of speakers ( looking at Logitech G51 Surround Sound 5.1 Speaker System ) do i need a sound card to be compatible, and a high quality card to get great sound quality?

3. Besides all that stuff listed, would i need to buy anything else? Or is it just a snap and plug all those parts in and its good to go? :eek:

4. If i mis-plug something in when I'm building it, will it hurt the computer? :p

I'm sure Zac can plug everything in himself..but if its easy enough- i would like to do it for him and surprise him big big :eek:

I'm still debating on whether or not to pay someone to put everything together :p

5. Oh, and a monitor- what monitor do you think would complement the new computer best? :eek: and is it necessary to spend 300$ on a high quality monitor? I've read that high-end monitors have like a minimum setting- that distorts the quality of things meant to be viewed on like 800x600. If i buy a monitor that has that 1920x1080- would that mean it will distort the quality of lower resolution things?

Because..we have a HD TV- and we have to watch TV on our old economical TV because we cant read the words on the screen :(

hehee..that should be all my questions :D Thanks sooo much for helping me guys :p

Newegg.com - Acer P243WAid Black-Silver 24" 2ms(GTG) HDMI Widescreen LCD Monitor with HDCP Support 400 cd/m2 3000:1 ACM - LCD Monitors

that is a good monitor.

if you feel the need to get a good sound card then i recommend this one, Newegg.com - ASUS Xonar HDAV1.3 Deluxe 7.1 Channels 24-bit 192KHz PCI Express Interface Audio/Video Enhancement Combo Card - Sound Cards

and a aftermarket heatsink is only really necessary if you are in to overclocking, dont think you are thou.

and if something dont fit then it dont go there.

Oh i love that monitor, and it seems rather cheap :D

Do i need a sound card? :eek: Do you think its worth it? Because..i kind of want to avoid going over 2,500 now ( unexpected car problems came up :( ...darn delivery junker van! >< )

Seems like 2,200 for the computer, 270 for the monitor, thats 2,470. I'm not sure i can go that high on another piece of equipment :eek: Maybe he can use his old speakers until i save more up :eek:

It's definitely not hard to build a computer. You'll find hundreds of guides on how to build one online, and hundreds more that show pictures for specific steps. And I think it's worth it to save over 1000 dollars.

My friend got a computer from Ibuypower, because he didn't want to build it himself. He gets the computer a few weeks later, and it had lousy hardware and he had plenty of problems with it, not to mention the "professional wiring" was absolutely disgusting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom