Slaymate's Saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
What was the highest power TEC you used, and at what voltage were you running them?

Also, I'm personally not surprised, I doubt the hot side was being cooled enough to establish a nice delta between sides.

What was the highest power TEC you used, and at what voltage were you running them?

Also, I'm personally not surprised, I doubt the hot side was being cooled enough to establish a nice delta between sides.

I tried a 80 watt and a 120 watt with 12vDC. The 80watt was spec'ed at 16v and the 120 at 24v. The pelt that came with the V-10 was rated at 70watts at 21v. I wasn't expecting a miracle but I was expecting a couple of extra degrees in heat reduction. I was wrong :(

To get any real performance out of a tec you need to use a monster like the 400 watt 52x52mm tec popular with tec chillers. It needs some serious juice though... And the hot side really *needs* to be water cooled.

For a professional added touch, I'm installing black rubber u-channel and fan grommets for the 2x 120mm blow hole exhaust fans in the top panel

mnpctech fan grommets product page

computerpowdercoating.fangrommets.mnpctech.com.jpg

mnpctech u-channel product page

computerpowdercoating.uchannel.mnpctech.com.jpg

computerpowdercoating.mnpctech.com7.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom