Phenom II X3 is unlockable to X4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would that work out?

Because wasn't Phenom II X3 sold as Phenom II X4's with a defective core?

But it seems soft-mod's have come to the CPU's as well!

Ya, I saw that, but I meant, is it guaranteed to work most of the time?

Because if it is.... I MUST HAVE IT

Free Phenom II X4 810 for $56 less dollars!

I would buy these just to try it out.. but knowing my luck I'd epic fail and get one that didn't work out too well...

So any word on other boards that have the feature? preferably ones that are cheaper :D (like 780g's? because I think I saw something like that before here)

would be funny if you could get the 7750 to unlock its 3rd core.

but im pretty sure thats not gonna happen

I would buy these just to try it out.. but knowing my luck I'd epic fail and get one that didn't work out too well...

So any word on other boards that have the feature? preferably ones that are cheaper :D (like 780g's? because I think I saw something like that before here)

Haven't seen anyone try on a different board or anyone even try it out for that matter. Anyone here w/ that setup that can try?

would be funny if you could get the 7750 to unlock its 3rd core.

but im pretty sure thats not gonna happen

The Advanced calibration shows 4 cores on my chip.........

Oh and vernong, the X3's have 6MB L3 cache. So it would be $56 less for a chip with a better architecture. X4 810 only has 4MB.

-Edit: Ok I tryed unlocking the 3rd core on the 7750. But in the advanced callibration settings I can only unlock all the cores or disable it. So that means for me to get lucky, both of the disabled/defective cores must work. Which is highly unlikely, but in the case of the X3's, it is worth the try to see if the extra core works or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom