G7 and the Mamba

Status
Not open for further replies.
Care to cite your source(s)? That's definitely not what I have been reading.

Ok do any of you remember that one mouse topic (out of the hundreds) where someone cited razer saying that the mamba does not preform at the 1ms response when its wireless? I'm digging around for it at the moment.

On the logitech website the g7 has 500Hz frequency which is about 2ms. This really stunned me....I'm looking for someone to refute this lol.

well, do you consider 2ms a long time? or a short time? the only lag i ever experience with my rig is either
a) crappy server
b) my ISP
c) on trotter's BF2 server jk jk had to throw that in there

my mouse never lags. NEVER. i have had it for almost 16 months now. and when it breaks, i will buy another one until i cant find them anymore.

Ok...there's no doubt that the g7 is amazing. I'm not a hater lol. Its amazing.

But I'm wondering if the g7 is better than the new hyped up Mamba solely because I distinctly remember a member of these forums posting and talking about some press releases by razer claiming that the mamba was NOT a 1ms when wireless is engaged.

Then use it wired..

Sorry, but it is a practical impossibility to remove the lag(no, not response) time of a wireless mouse. There is always a intermedium between the wireless mouse and the computer, the wireless receiver. this has to decode the wireless signal and send it down a cable, the laws of physics and common sense dictate this cannot be done instantly, it has to take time, a time that is much longer than it travelling straight down a wire.

The question is, will you notice it ? No, probably not, unless you pay very close attention. But it is there.

The Mamba whilst wired though, great mouse ;)

edit:

Okay, so i read Razer speech on the Mamba. Interesting, okay, so they may have cut down the lag to 15ms, maybe 10ms, they are lieing saying they have got it down the 1ms. To reduce the lag time of high end wireless mouse 30times over ? not happening.

LOL, i love how they claim there interference free 2.4ghz technology is amazing, com'on... it's commonly known that RC radio transmitters and MS Xbox 360 controllers achieve no interference by constantly alternating frequency within the 2.4ghz band to never conflict with other such devices.

Touché.
I'm going to PM him and get the source.

So he's saying it is a 1ms response, but lag (because of the wireless) is still 10-15ms? In which case the Mamba would still be the better.

All the stuff I have read on the Mamba say it has the same exact response both wired and wireless. That's why it took Razer so long to finally bring out a wireless mouse... they wanted it to have no lag.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom