Correct way to take Heatsink off?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dont drink coffee and thats why i wet the q tips. I'll try filters next time i need to clean a heat sink.

I don't drink coffee either, but I picked up myself a package of filters, and they last forever lol.

Well I am a coffee drinker, so I will ask.... and Im serious (for once).... Carnage, do you use the regular "bleached/white" ones ? They don't harm anything ? Because we use unbleached (brown) ones, au natural lol :p

I'm thinking theres no difference, but since we are on filters for cleaning, thought I'd ask ya.

Don't think there's a difference. I use the white ones (have a 200pk of ShurFine 'basket style' ones that I use), and they work fine for me. I normally use a dry one to wipe excess paste off of both heatsink/CPU, and then wet either the other side or a new filter with alcohol, and then clean them off the best that I can.

i'm quoting from a post i made about a week or so ago
run the cpu at a good load using something like prime95 for 5-10 minutes before removing the heatsink. that should loosen up the thermal grease. then try and remove the clips first and twist the heatsink a bit before trying to pull up. that should break the seal.
i was responding to someone who did the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom