AMD Athlon 64 X2??

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you want to build a good computer with quality part then you will need to raise more cash. 400 pounds minimum, that's for case, psu, ram mobo, cpu hard drives everything.

That Intel ebay rig has some serious problems. Intel 945 motherboards aren't even supposed to support e5200s. The ram is crap and they don't say what brand the psu is, which means it is crap. otherwise they would advertise it. The only thing usable is the cpu

The other bundles you posted also stink. They use cheap parts.

To me the best one so far was the X2 4600. I remember that Antec had huge problems with their PSUs but this one was clearly OK. Other than that it has an antec 900 case, 7800GTX, Asus A8N32-SLi mobo and 2GB of GSkill RAM which was all top notch stuff when it came out. Don't get me wrong, with the exception of the 900, this stuff is about 3 years old but it will be a big upgrade for you and if you managed to sell your current PC for £125 as you mentioned somewhere this will be a big boost for £35 it will need a HDD and OS though which puts a bit of a downer on the whole thing.

My new RIG!!!

i just put it all together but need the thermal compound stuff to put on the cpu

i bought a

AMD athlon 64 x2 4000+ AM2 dual core
160GB hd
cd/dvd/rw ( all in one)
1GB ram
onboard graphics card upto 256mb

did i do ok?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom