Help on Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

bcraig137

Solid State Member
I would like to try and build my first gaming PC. What I was considering was a cyberpower PC:

$619

CASE: ($10 off Mail-in Rebate) Raidmax Sagitta II Mid-Tower 420W Gaming Case w/ Side-Panel Window (Black Color)
POWER SUPPLY Upgrade: STANDARD CASE POWER SUPPLY
CPU: (Sckt775)Intel® Core™ 2 Duo E8400 CPU @ 3.0GHz 1333FSB 6MB L2 Cache 64-bit
COOLING FAN : INTEL LGA775 CERTIFIED CPU FAN & HEATSINK
MOTHERBOARD: MSI G31M3-L Intel G31 Chipset LGA775 FSB1333 DDR2 Mainboard
MEMORY: 4GB (2GBx2) PC6400 DDR2/800 Dual Channel Memory (Corsair or Major Brand)
VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT 512MB 16X PCI Express (Major Brand Powered by NVIDIA)
HARD DRIVE: 500GB SATA-II 3.0Gb/s 16MB Cache 7200RPM Hard Drive
Optical Drive: (Special Price) LG 20X DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW DRIVE DUAL LAYER (BLACK COLOR)
SOUND: 3D WAVE ON-BOARD 5.1 SOUND CARD
NETWORK: ONBOARD 10/100 NETWORK CARD
KEYBOARD: PS2 MULTIMEDIA INTERNET CONTROL KEYBOARD (BLACK COLOR)
MOUSE: Logitech Optical Wheel Mouse (BLACK COLOR)
OS: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium w/ Service Pack 1 (64-bit Edition)

RUSH SERVICE: *SAME DAY SHIP OUT GUARANTEE*

Would like to get under the $450 mark without building a turd. I dont need a mouse keyboard or Monitor.

Please Help

Thank you.

That thing is waaaayyy overpriced. The video card is a "turd" and i dont think the mother would be a great overclocker and u are going to need a better cooler.

If you are in America then newegg is the de facto choice.
CPU either e5200 or e7400 look good for intel
HDD you can't go too wrong here but my preference is for samsung and WD SATA units
Optical drive a SATA samsung unit is again my preference
Case is a lot to do with your preference but you should not go for something cheap just because it is cheap - the case can be the most enduring componant. Take a look at the ARK SR-8100BG (this is a better version of the silverstone TJ-05 but it only costs $60) and the Antec 300
For RAM you are on the right track with 2*2GB config I always go with corsair (partially because that is what is most available to me) and I have never had a problem. On these forums the GSkill PI blacks are very highly regarded.

Two motherboards and two sets of RAM? :p Aside from the pasting errors, good build.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom