Won't load windows fully..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antec-User

Papa Chester
Rig specs in sig...

When I'm supposed to get the Blue XP Welcome screen, it hangs up and it's just a black screen. This is after it loads the drivers.. I can get into the BIOS fine...

I shuffled Ram sticks, same problem.. This is a fresh install, new board, New PSU, same CPU.. Formatted HDD, installed XP 64b, then installed the board drivers.. Then the 4870 drivers.. THEN it started acting up. It wouldn't stay running and would reset itself or crash.

Fried CPU?

I don't see how a "fried CPU" would allow you to get that far in the boot-up sequence. It must be a hardware conflict of some sort. Have you tried pulling everything out except the bare necessities .... run even just 1 stick of RAM

Driver conflict IMO. If you installed the board drivers last one of those could be causing a conflict.

Reinstall the OS then install one driver at a time w/ a fresh reboot every driver. Once you find a time when you install a driver and can't restart - you've got your driver that is causing the issue.

On a side note, ensure all drivers are 64 bit compatable.

Just did... Same thing.. Wiped all the pase off, re applied fresh stuff. Installed the waterblocl 1/2 turn on each nut, in a X pattern till it was seated to the limiters.

It won't even run in Safe mode.

I installed XP64 on my sorage HDD too w just the Board drivers, and it won't even load that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom