Case Mod for NZXT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks guys! I'm waiting for my order of magic-sculpt modeling clay so i can start making more features. I'm using 3x 120mm green led logisys fans. The intakes will be paint flat black, along with everything else.. so, suck in the sexy billet look while u can :cool:

biomechanical.casemod.mnpctech9g.jpg

You should paint the fan blades flat black.

Did it with a green yate loon and it gave it an interesting look.

The green led lines don't penetrate as far into the fan and it just makes the fan look less cheap when it's not spinning.

*An original idea brought to you by aspire*

lol, aspire-comp you read my mind! seriously....haha

The machined aluminum 120mm intakes, with fresh matte black paint.. love it

biomechanical.casemod.mnpctech9i.jpg

whats this hole for?
biomechanical.casemod.mnpctech9j.jpg

Ohhh... it's for the ribbed plastic loom.
biomechanical.casemod.mnpctech9k.jpg

lol, aspire-comp you read my mind! seriously....haha

Yeah was messing around with the idea when I finally annoyed Alex at PTS enough to order some Yate Loon's with other led colors besides blue.

For a while Yate Loon gave some bs answer about not doing clear fan housings, so me and Alex made a concept led fan with a standard black plastic frame and blades and it looked pretty darn good, then when the fans arrive, clear housing...

So I painted a few myself lol.

BTW, Those intake "towers" look pretty bomb.

Thats fun, may I ask your first name? refering to you as aspire.comptech feels so formal...just call me Bill...lol

after my last reply I did some spin art and painted the fans while they were spinning... lol, I'm such goof ball kid at times... I'll post pics later

I'm still waiting for my order of magic-sculp to arrive from Tap-plastics. I hear this is the best all purpose modeling clay around, next to milliput. I'm kicking around the idea of bringing out the left over Owens Corning insulation foam I have and sculpting a bezel to frame the intakes, and maybe making a top panel with it too. I used this for the Ghost Rider PC's skull. I used 1/8" thick sheet of 6061 aluminum for the base, the foam is epoxied onto the base. I cover the insulation pores with fiberglass filler, sand the cured filler by hand and use a dremel for carving intricate details. It's time consuming process, but yields a very strong piece that won't crack or chip if dropped. It will also lighted up the overall weight of the Khaos case.

Here I'm working Ghost Rider bezel made from insulation foam and fiberglass
1GR.Evercoat5.jpg

ghostrider.jpg

The names Andrew, Andy will suffice if you like that more...

The ghost rider bit is cool, just wayyyyy too flashy for my taste.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom