New GB board I/O uncooperative

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antec-User

Papa Chester
WTH.... This is what I get for switching brands??!

I installed a new Gigabyte MB GA790GP MoBo, go to fire it up, no mouse, no keyboard. Ok, I gotten enable some USB stuff in the BIOS....

Nope... Nothing is working. I enabled mouse MS-DOS, no workey... Reset the mouse, no workey.... Enabled MS-DOS keyboard, no keybord now.. I switched to a hardwired keypad... But my USB keyboard still no workey, tried switching ports, no luck....

I'm getting tired and ticked off... I'll check this in the morning or call their tech support...

TIA for any help, tho..

ULTRA X3 1000W PSU
Liquid cooled CPU & 4870 1g
Phenom 9950 (will OC it to where it was when I get it running)
Win XP 64b Pro

I replaced the MoBo, PSU and air cooling items in my sig with what I just listed.

I love ur sig, dood!!! 'The Dood abides..'. Awesome movie!

Ha, thanks, The Big Lebowski is my favorite movie.

Are you using the same hard drive? If so, a major change like a different motherboard, requires a reformat or a repair install of windows. Because the old drivers and such won't be compatible with your new motherboard.

Oh! Sweet! That does make a lot of sense. I got the OS running yesterday, but it kept crashing on me.

I'm installing Win XP32b on my new 750g storage HDD just to get the system running... I'll have to play hopscotch with the HD's just so I can grab stuff off my original OS HD. Then I'll reformat my 500g, and transfer stuff again, then wipe my storage 750.

But it seems to have now froze.. I also tried poping the MoBo disk in, but that didn't do anything either.

a fresh install is needed for a mobo change. a repair install can be done at the min, but it most likely will not be as stable as a fresh install.

It's running now. I installed XP64, then the 4870 drivers, now it won't STAY running. Something about that GPU driver disk is causing it to crash. The bios is set to optomised defaults.

It ran fine before that GPU driver install.

Bump....

Why is this hanging up when I'm supposed to get the Blue XP screen? It does the same thing when I try to reinstall XP... It stays on Setup is Starting Windows. It was fine last night, I turn it off for the night, now it doesn't want to do anything.

Is it my CPU or RAM?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom