Computer Issues help

Status
Not open for further replies.

lafguy81

In Runtime
My computer has been having issues and it might have finally died. For the last year and a half my computer takes up to 3 to 5 minutes to start bios my rem hd lights flash then it warms up and boots just fine. So I figured it was a MB issue but, figured I could live with it. It does not hit bios on get any video until it warms up

Last night we had a power outage for 2 hours. I reset my cyberpower backup and hit computer power button well it boots up after warming up like above but, then it turned off it did it 3 times now it won't power up at all. Do you think my Antec 550 powersupply blew or a bad power cord or MB finally failed any ideas?
My case still feels cool not hot.

It has a P4 670J 3.8 cpu and a Giga-byte 925xe GA-8ANXP-D MB. I think I might just replace MB any ideas on what newer MB I should look at so I can still use this chip it seems good unless it blew that too?

Thanks

try a new PSU and see if that helps. if not then maybe you are in need of a new PC

sounds like you have more issues than just the psu.

if you could swap out the psu or run a test on it, you could rule that out, but if it blew out on you, it may have taken some things with it.

i would rule out the psu first, then check the rest of the components.

3-5 min just to post bios seems a tad long.

I just wanted to send a update. I replaced the power supply and it no longer does what it was doing before. It boots right up no problems. I guess I was lucky that the powersupply didn't fail and fry my other parts as well. I thought when they go they go. I had this issue for over a year.

Thanks for help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom