New here, could use some help on building my first PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wizdumb

Baseband Member
I seek expert and or experienced advice. I know a lot about computers and how to put them together I just don't know enough about compatability so, im a little uneasy about buying all the parts without guidence. Mainly, I wan't to use this PC for gaming, I used to have an HP and it worked allright...atleast until my warrenty was up! I am a firm beliver in the DIY approach. So I really want something that will last me a bit longer, a good multitasker, and I wan't the best performance/ graphics I can get with what I can afford. Below is a list of the hardware I currently wish to use, I am open for reccommendations please feel free and BE CRITICAL, I want the best I can get with whats in my wallet.

Case- NZXT Apollo Black ATX Mid-Tower Case with Clear Side, Front USB, Firewire and Audio Ports "comes with 2 120mm fans, I will need to get 1 extra.

Motherboard- EVGA nForce 750i SLI FTW Motherboard - NVIDIA nForce 750i, 45nm Support, Socket 775, ATX, PCI Express 2.0, SLI Ready, Gigabit LAN, S/PDIF, USB 2.0, Firewire, Serial ATA, RAID

Processor- Intel Core 2 Quad Q6700 Processor HH80562PH0678MK - 2.66GHz, 8MB Cache, 1066MHz FSB, Kentsfield, Quad-Core, OEM, Socket 775, Processor

CPU fan- Masscool 8WA741 / Socket 775 / Copper Core/Heatpipes / CPU Cooling Fan

Video Card- EVGA GeForce 9500 GT Video Card - 1GB DDR2, PCI Express 2.0, SLI Support, (Dual Link) Dual DVI, HDTV, VGA Support

Hard Drive- Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 1TB Hard Drive - 7200RPM, 32MB, SATA-300, OEM "would you reccommend 1TB HD. vs. 2-500Gb hds?"

RAM- Corsair Dual Channel TWINX 4096MB PC6400 DDR2 800MHz Memory (2 x 2048MB)
- I will actually buy 2 sets so 8GB total. Quick question tho, would I be better off getting RAM like 1066Mhz since the Core 2 Quad operates at 1066MHz? Would that give me better performance?

OS- I guess one of the vista's either 64bit or 32? which ever one is better for what I need? I missed the free Windows 7 Beta version.:(

- I noticed on the specs of my Motherboard it diddn't say much about sound, will I need to buy an additional soundcard? Spec. say the Mobo supports 7.1 surround, I dunno if that means it already has it, or if its capable of having it? also I will probably end up using the PC for some school work as well, im in school right now for programming. So....some programming software and MS office n what not and a buttload of videogames. I can get everything I listed above excluding the O.S. for 705$ without tax, I will be buying a new moniter as well so I'd like to try to keep this under 1.2K, I know vista is quite expensive right now. However I still might be able to get my hands on an XP O.S. You'd recommend XP over Vista right?

I'd like to thank you once ahead of time for taking the time to read my lengthy thread, and also for your advice. Don't forget, if you have a recommendation to increase performance without increasing cost too much plz do so. Same goes for any recs. decreasing cost and maintaining performance. and just let me know what you think about the rig overall. Thanks again! and much appreciated!

,Wizdumb

Awsome, I'm gunna look into those products and find some other reviews. You don't happen to work for that website do you? lol....Anyone else have any input?

Awsome, I'm gunna look into those products and find some other reviews. You don't happen to work for that website do you? lol....Anyone else have any input?

basically if your in the US newegg is THE site to buy from.

If your in the UK then it's between overclockers, ebuyer and aria. Depends who has what deals on.

Yeah there are a few parts I can get at a retailer by my house that cost the same as newegg's do after the rebate. But I mean't input on the stuff I put out for my system vs. the stuff Puddle Jumper recommends.

Build looks sweet PJ nice one :D

My only qualm with that build is the Samsung drive...I just don't like them. Matter of opinion though, the rest of the build looks amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom