Please help with yet another budget build...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nahledge

Baseband Member
I posted a while back with a rig I wanted to buy but I cannot afford that same rig anymore.

I was going to go with an e8500, hd4870 etc...but now I have to downgrade, yet I don't anything about the lower-tech items.

I would like some of you very helpful tech-savvy people to help me find a build that will run Warcraft 3, World of Warcraft and most importantly Starcraft 2 when it is released (anyone know when that will be by the way?). Along with the usual internet browsing and downloads. As for a hard-drive I think 500gb would be plenty of space for my needs.

The cheapest possible build, but I still want it to be reliable and once again...play Starcraft 2 on full settings in the future.

I already have: DVD/CD drive, keyboard, mouse, monitor, speakers, 4gb of RAM.

Thanks in advance!

Yes I believe I need an OS. Was thinking Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit. The RAM I have is Newegg.com - CORSAIR 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory.

I have my old Gateway case...but i would prefer a new one. Antec three hundred seems to be the standard but if there is equal or better for cheaper I would consider that option.

edit: and the budget is just the cheapest possible system that will be reliable and run Starcraft 2 and WoW on high settings. i would love to spend around $850 and get a e8500/q6700 with a HD4870 etc...but I think that might be overkill for what I want to do.

Ok thank you, but that 800$ is not a whole lot less than my 850$ build...

Is that the cheapest parts that will do the things I want to do? I think not.

Can a 600$ or less build do the things I want to do? That is a bit more specific.

Also, does anyone know if Starcraft 2 will make use of a quad-core processor or would a dual core be better?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom