To Build or to Wait? That is the Question...

Status
Not open for further replies.

bhavik86

Solid State Member
Sooo I started debating whether I should build a comp or just wait it out a lil longer....

The reasons:

Windows7 and the release of DX 11 hardware....

Supposedly, windows7 and hardware supporting dx11 are coming out at the end of this year...what do you guys suggest?

also, if I purchase DX 10 hardware will it be able to support dx11 software? If thats the case, then the solution is easy....but if not.........

BTW, i'm trying to build a long-term pc...

Let me know what you guys think :)

Thanks,
Bhavik Gandhi

If you already have an OS, you can get the build now and use said OS then buy 7 when it comes out.

Either way, built it yourself when you do :)

I wouldn't wait for DX11. I would imagine there will be no native DX11 games for ages. There are no pure DX10 games at the moment. Most games are still DX9 with a few little DX10 features added on so they don't get the full power etc. Until XP dies game developers would be crazy to abandon DX9 entirely. DX10 is only used in very few games and the difference between it and 9 isn't noticeable other than the FPS hit you take. I know the DX10 cards are compatible with DX11, but i doubt it will take full advantage.

I personally can't wait. I don't like to, I like new. I wouldn't wait for any new software, you can always just update or upgrade software.

After being around computer hardware for a few years you start to realize that there is always something coming out around the corner. Unless its days away from releasing - don't worry about it. Just build what you can on a budget and save up for a future upgrade.

Whats your budget?

If you are going to wait for something then wait for the Intel's Octo-core to come out next year.

I agree with everybody else. Give us a budget and we will put you together a kick*** rig that will last you for several years and when Windows 7 comes out you can just upgrade to that if you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom