Changes to avatar and signature privileges

Trotter

Grandfather of Techist, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff member
I have made some adjustments on the signature and avatar privileges. These changes are mainly for those moving into them or new members, so anyone who is currently in the "Registered - Extra BST" group will not be dinged for having too large of a signature if it is within the old standard, but members just moving into the group will have to abide by the 300x100 limit. A member asked about allowing older members a larger avatar and it got me to thinking that members should get better privileges as they go along.

The biggest change in in signatures. No images in signatures until a member hits 100 posts, excluding Folding stats and userbar (I will have to manually set each one up who falls into the exclusion). Members with 100-249 are allowed a 300x100 signatures, while members with 250+ are allowed a 600x150 signature. Here is a rundown of how it breaks down:

Registered Users (0 -39 posts):
  • Only forum provided avatars
  • Profile pic, 100x100
  • Forum titles
Registered Users Extra (40 - 100 posts):
  • Same as above
  • Signature allowed, text only (according to the rules)
  • Custom avatars allowed, 80x80
Registered Users Extra BST (100 - 249 posts):
  • Same as above
  • Custom avatars allowed, 100x100
  • Graphics and text sigs allowed, maximum size of 300 x 100 (accoding to the rules)
  • Buy/Sell/Trade forum available
Registered Users Extra 2 (250+ posts):
  • Same as above
  • Custom avatars allowed, 120x120
  • Graphics and Text sigs allowed, maximum size of 600 x 150 (according to the rules)
  • Custom forum titles.

Anyone who falls into the signature exception of being on the Folding team and also has fewer than 100 posts will need to send me a PM so I can set them up properly.

I will try to update the Forum Rules announcement to reflect these changes ASAP.

Thanks for the updates and the great board and killer new skin.

is there another tier for these.. like 500+ ?

That is because you are not even at the first level to have a signature.

Registered Users (0-39 posts)
Profile pic - 100x100 & 25k max
Forum avatars only
No signature

You have 32 posts right now. You need at least 40 to have a text based signature.

Back
Top Bottom