Moniter problems,Changing colors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

WindowsFinatic

Solid State Member
Hi, Whenever I start my computer up it starts with a black screen. Then it starts chaning to different colors ( in fullscreen, i cant access login page or anything). The n ihear the windows start up sound. If i turn my moniter off and on, it will be black for about 10-15 seconds then start changing colors again. I beleive it is something with the video cables, but i would like to be sure.

Before i left for vacation it worked perfectly, i turned it off. Then when i came back it starts doing this.

In advanced thanks for any help.

Yes that would be the video cable is not making a full connection to the Video Card. At least from my experience. I would check that first. Possibly check to make sure the card is fully seated as well.

LCD or CRT? I don't know if LCD's ever need a degauss or not, but a CRT does from time to time. Probably won't help, but it can't hurt.

LCD wouldn't need a degaussing, because they're not affected by magnets like CRT's are.

Have you tried a different monitor as well, just to make sure it didn't start flaking out by chance?

I'd say it's probably geared toward more of monitor problem itself. Try a different monitor to make sure.

Ask him if he has seen the back of your palm. When he says no, slap him across the face with it. :p

Just kidding mate. Glad you found out what the issue was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom