My First Gaming Rig... Under $800

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you misunderstood what I mean. Since agena AMD overclocking has kind of atrophied. Deneb can OC, but unlike the Intel ring you don't know what motherboards do it the best or nay tweaks to get the most out of it because up until now there was no need. I'm saying AMD overclocking right now is not nearly as well understood as intel overclocking. There are entire sites dedicated to overclocking on one particular model motherboard for Intel chips. It will take sometime before we re-learn all of that about AMD.

Did you rub it on the carpet or shoot it with a taser? I find it hard to believe that it did, although there is no such thing as a zero failure rate component. Corsair has a great reputation for powers supplies, just check around the forums, many users have them and love them. I love my 550vx. A large percentage of users on tech forums use Corsair psus, the rest use Seasonic and pc power and cooling which are also great brands.

My 650TX blew up also, for no reason.
Along with a friend of mines, blew up too.

PCP&C win.

Well I see what youguys are saying about the CPU's... it sounds like the same thing my computer wiz dad told me when i asked his opinion...
"Some prefer Intel and some people prefer AMD; mostly, it's just a matter of opinion."
plus, i'm not sure at this point if i will overclock or not... i'm pretty simple when it comes to computers, as far as modding and such. i would be more worried that i would end up messing something up, trying to get just a lil better performance... my dad has a 28 or 30"LCD screen i may try to buy off him, otherwise ill be playing on a 19"LCD... so i think the rig i have set up will run the crap out of just about anything i want it to without tweaks(with the 19")

so all in all... i think imma stick with what i have for the time being, unless... there is a better motherboard i could get, that would give better performance or cooling(within 40 or 50 bucks more at the most =total price)

***I give myself bonus points for using a semicolon(notice i underlined it!!!)

Well in gaming they are about the same, however in benchmarking where the cpu is better stressed the intel chips pull ahead, by a fair margin. There are other advantages, Intel chips have been better at overclocking for awhile so even though amd chips can oc better, we know more about Intel overclocking and we know what motherboards to use.

O RLY?

Haha, don't have to be bitter about it, just pointing out that Phenom II's perform pretty good, Phenom I's were a disaster though, that's one thing about this forum that bugs me, the lack of ability to edit your posts after a certain amount of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom