$2000 i7 Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
the monsoon is great. keeps my i7 920 overclocked at 4ghz idle at 38c load 70ish. Monsoon cooler is actually made by coolermaster.

Also what OS do you already own? because Microsoft is about to announce that anyone that buys vista will get a free upgrade to Windows 7. So I might wait a little bit for that announcement.

There theory is why would people want to upgrade to a new computer or os, if I brand new os is coming out at the end of the year.

So would it be wise to gather and assemble all the components, and hold off on OS until this announcement is made? After all, it will probably take me a while to build, and by that time, maybe Microsoft would have spoken.

^ site still looks shady to me, i cant figure it out :(

sounds like a personal problem. That site is fairly well known and very objective. They isolate as many variables as possible. They measure the temp difference form ambient because that means more than comparing the cpu temps side by side.

sounds like a personal problem. That site is fairly well known and very objective. They isolate as many variables as possible. They measure the temp difference form ambient because that means more than comparing the cpu temps side by side.

I agree, I trust that site, maybe you're just seeing demons in the subliminal messaging ;)
Wouldn't this cooler be a better bet? and I think microcenter has the 920 for $229 if you gots a store near you.

no one has said it so i will :

12gb of RAM is useless...you will not see a performance boost unless you are using something extremely RAM hungry...even then the corsair dominator RAM is way overpriced...get the PI blacks that cost like $229

^agreed, you don't need that much ram.

I agree, I trust that site, maybe you're just seeing demons in the subliminal messaging
Wouldn't this cooler be a better bet? and I think microcenter has the 920 for $229 if you gots a store near you.
The TRUE is good, but to match the Xigmatek and the Core contact it has to be lapped. The TRUE has a concave base.

lol, i get it now. first time i saw it i was like wtf? and i have never heard of that site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom