$2000 i7 Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quad crossfire isn't scaled right for gaming. Stick with the 285, then you can always add another in the future.

I'm an eVGA fanboy to the end, sorry. SLI just sounds cooler to me than CrossFire =]

Yeah, I'm planning on adding a second 285, if nVidia doesn't release something better by the time I'm able to buy it =]

Ste, I have a 22" Acer monitor that I'll be reusing.

the monsoon is great. keeps my i7 920 overclocked at 4ghz idle at 38c load 70ish. Monsoon cooler is actually made by coolermaster.

Also what OS do you already own? because Microsoft is about to announce that anyone that buys vista will get a free upgrade to Windows 7. So I might wait a little bit for that announcement.

There theory is why would people want to upgrade to a new computer or os, if I brand new os is coming out at the end of the year.

Not trying to hijack this thread, but we are in the same boat. (Both of us are looking to build an I7 system with about the same budget) That being said, where does this cooler fit in the whole scheme of things?
XIGMATEK Dark Knight-S1283V 120mm Long Life Bearing CPU Cooler - Retail Found it on Newegg for $40.

not exactly out run a GTX285, they are very close in performance.

plus quad fire is a PITA to setup, not all games support crossfire letalone quadfire. and the scaling between 4 gpu's sucks, unless you are running at 2560 res.

Yeah, I was just going for budget, one is 100$ cheaper, and it runs around the same.

Was trying to suggest something fun, but yeah, the GTX 285 will be great your for build.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom