ATI Catalyst 9.2 Released

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fat.Clown

I don't overclock
AMD has just released Catalyst 9.2. Here are the improvements and bug fixes.
Highlights of the ATI Catalystâ„¢ 9.2 Windows release include:

Performance improvements

• Crysis DX10 – performance gains of up to 20%
  • Crysis Warhead DX10 – performance gains of up to 20%
  • World in Conflict DX10 – performance gains of up to 5%
  • Fear 2 CrossFireX support – Fear 2 now includes Multi-GPU performance enhancements
New Features

ATI Catalystâ„¢ 9.2 Folding@Home Multi-GPU support

• Multi-GPU configurations using the ATI Radeonâ„¢ HD 4000 Series, ATI Radeonâ„¢ HD 3000 Series, and ATI Radeonâ„¢ HD 2000 Series of graphics accelerators will be able to use run a separate Folding@Home client on each GPU to further increase their Folding@Home performance.
Resolved Issue highlights

• The ATI Catalyst Control Center now enables Anisotropic Filtering for DirectX 10 applications
  • Resolved ATI Catalyst Control Center displaying the following warning message “The Catalyst Control Center is not supported by the driver version.” When driver is loaded
  • ATI Catalyst Control Center, Display Manager correctly shows connected monitor maximum refresh rates
  • ATI Catalyst Control Center, component video pixel format settings are retained on system restart
  • In Call of Duty 4, some intermittent game corruption no longer occurs when soften smoke edges is enabled
  • The display driver no longer fails to load on some systems with more than 8 GB of system RAM
  • ATI Catalyst Control Center, some HDMI monitors are not longer incorrectly reported as DVI
  • Resolved system intermittently instability with ATI Catalyst 8.12 and some ATI Radeon HD 4800 CrossFireX configurations
  • Creating any type of an OpenGL 3.0 context (normal or forward compatible) and then request the version string no longer causes the driver to stop responding
Highlights of the Linux ATI Catalystâ„¢ 9.2 release include:

Resolved Issue highlights

• Resolved visible corruption when starting MythTV frontend in full screen
  • Catalyst Control Center, disabling primary display and re-launching CCC caused a Floating Point Exception
  • Google Earth failed to start
  • With some ATI adapters the display port monitor was not detected after being hot-plugged
  • Catalyst Control Center, only one resolution was available for Big Desktop.
  • No audio output was available through HDMI
  • Connecting both a CRT and DFP display device no longer results in the CRT failing to display an image if the DFP is disconnected and then reconnected to the system
  • Corruption is no longer seen on secondary display after enabling secondary display Big Desktop
  • Sections of the task bar no longer turn black when using the application 'Blender'
  • Enemy Territory Quake Wars v1.4, system no longer becomes intermittently unresponsive when game is run.
  • Some Open GL application no longer cause segmentation fault with Crossfire and dual head enabled
  • Tearing no longer occurs during picture-in-picture playback of H.264,VC-1,MPEG2 files on SUSE
  • Playing AVI files with Mplayer in full screen no longer causes Mplayer to stop responding
For more information on ATI Catalystâ„¢ 9.2 (for Windows Vista, Windows XP, and Linux versions), including all of the resolved issues in this release, please see the ATI Catalystâ„¢ 9.2 release notes.
Download at AMD

I am still waiting for AMD to release their Avivo Video Converter

I'm pretty sure Avio video converter was already released.

The performance gains in crysis and Warhead are nice.

Excellent! Works with HD 3850... it felt good for the past 3 driver updates that I was included instead of being with the unsupported older card :D

DL'ing now... Thanks Fat.Clown!

I'm pretty sure Avio video converter was already released.

The performance gains in crysis and Warhead are nice.

It is.. its at the bottom with Hydravision

So a 20% increase in Crysis on my hd 3450 increases me from 10 fps to 12 fps. YES!

*Exaggeration time*

**** YEAH!! BOY!!!

ITS LIKE AN INCREASE OF 20FPS TO 200 FPS SON!!!

ATI OWNS!!!

*Exaggeration ends*

I better update my drivers as well.

funny, Crysis/Crysis Warhead, Left 4 Dead, probably Fear 2 demo, GTA4, and maybe other games dont use CF or something. I got my card early when it came out and all i notice is no PCI-E 2.0 support and not all the 1GB of VRAM is being used. I got myself screwed over big time :(. Downloading now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom